I request access to data collected by the OpenPain Project (OPP) for the purpose of scientific investigation, teaching or the planning of clinical research studies and agree to the following terms:
- I will receive access to de-identified data and will not attempt to establish the identity of, or attempt to contact any of the OPP subjects.
- I will not further disclose these data beyond the uses outlined in this agreement.
- I will require anyone on my team who utilizes these data, or anyone with whom I share these data to comply with this data use agreement.
- I will comply with any rules and regulations imposed by my institution and its institutional review board in requesting these data.
- I will ensure that Investigators who utilize OPP data use appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to prevent use or disclosure of the data other than as provided for by this Agreement.
- I will report any use or disclosure of the data not provided for by this Agreement of which I become aware within 15 days of becoming aware of such use or disclosure.
If I publish abstracts using data from OPP, I agree to the following:
- I will cite OPP as the source of data and the OPP funding sources in the abstract as space allows in the acknowledgements.
- Group authorship of OPP will not be cited in the authorship line of the abstract.
If I publish manuscripts using data from OPP, I agree to the following:
- I will acknowledge the OPP project as a source of data and include language similar to the following: * Data collection and sharing for this project was provided by the OpenPain Project (OPP; Principal Investigator: A. Vania Apkarian). OPP funding was provided by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) and National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA). OPP data are disseminated by the Apkarian Lab, Physiology Department at the Northwestern University, Chicago.
- I will include language similar to the following in the methods section of my manuscripts in order to accurately acknowledge data gathering by the OPP investigators. Depending upon the length and focus of the article, it may be appropriate to include more or less than the example below, however, inclusion of some variation of the language shown below is mandatory. "Data used in the preparation of this work were obtained from the OpenPain Project (OPP) database (https://www.openpain.org). The OPP project (Principal Investigator : A. Vania Apkarian, Ph.D. at Northwestern University) is supported by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) and National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA). I understand that failure to abide by these guidelines will result in termination of my privileges to access OPP data.
Department of Physiology, Northwestern University
303 E. Chicago Ave, Chicago IL 60611-3008
Phone: (312)503-0404 Fax: (312)503-5101